The Living Light Bulb.

Monday 28 February 2011 | |

I've been struggling to get inspired recently. So I've been forcing myself to just draw, anything, in hopes it will spark something in my mind. This got me thinking about how in cartoons and things, the light bulb is a sign of an idea. So I started to doodle them. And being true to myself, bringing in them alive.


I really liked the personalities they started to have, so I've started to make them into real beings. this is Bernice, she's prototype one. So far so good.

This is Ed, prototype two. I like him lots, I wanted to make the separation of the metal bit at the end and his 'glass' body.


and here they are together. Happy as Larry.


I'm gonna trial out the different shapes and things in my next batch. And when they are done, get a little animation done up of them, a friend has offered to help me. I think that could be really exciting, and something I've wanted to do for ages!

0 comments: